Welcome!

Welcome friends to my page. This is my first, real attempt at keeping a blog. On this page, you will find videos and pictures of me. I will be updating as often as I can so that you can see what I'm doing in New York! Graduate school starts September 7. You can see what operas and other performance opportunities I'll be doing. Manhattan School of Music is expensive. If you are interested in contributing to my education, please click on the link to the right (www.gofundme.com/hopefuloperasinger). I would love to have your support and also to hear from you, so do keep in touch. My email is also to the right.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

give your support

On August 20, I fly to New York City where I will be starting graduate school on September 7.
I will be working towards a Master's in Music, focusing on classical voice. Manahattan School of Music is the place and my teacher is Mignon Dunn. I will paste a recording of her singing with Martina Arroyo in the 1980s. I am so thrilled to have the opportunity to go to MSM, however, the conservatory couldn't offer many scholarships this year. only 45% of students received any aid--most of which goes to undergraduate students. I was told that although my audition was good and I met the requirements, there was not enough money to give. Tuition for one year is $33,600. I have had to take out loans and am willing to be in debt, but any amount of support given will be used for medicine, buying a matress and other necessities, affording rent and utilities until loans are received at the end of September, and general living expenses like food, which is quite important. I could truly use the help. Graduate school at a conservatory is expensive and I recognized the hardship before I accepted the offer to go to MSM. If you do want to help this starving artist, please www.gofundme.com/hopefuloperasinger
where you may contribute.
I truly appreciate your time in reading my blog and keeping up to date. Even if you don't contribute financially, I hope that you will stay in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment