Welcome!

Welcome friends to my page. This is my first, real attempt at keeping a blog. On this page, you will find videos and pictures of me. I will be updating as often as I can so that you can see what I'm doing in New York! Graduate school starts September 7. You can see what operas and other performance opportunities I'll be doing. Manhattan School of Music is expensive. If you are interested in contributing to my education, please click on the link to the right (www.gofundme.com/hopefuloperasinger). I would love to have your support and also to hear from you, so do keep in touch. My email is also to the right.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Nuit d'ètoiles

Ok so more on this recital that I will give:
I am putting together a conceptual recital journeying through the act of making someone fall in love with you.
"Nuit d'étoiles sous tes voiles, sous ta brise et tes parfums..." Debussy takes this poem by Banville takes one through a memory of lost love, of love remembered, of the faint scent of perfume floating through the air on a starry night. This lovely poem frames the recital. Other works that I will sing include
Habanera
Près des remparts de Séville
Meine Liebe ist gruen
Vittoria, vittoria!
Do not go my love
Mon coeur s'ouvre à ta voix
Stay Well
I have dreamt
Ich bin der Welt abhanden gekommen

totaling about 40 minutes.

I will be accompanied by Janette Sudderth, who teaches part time at Millsaps and also plays for the Mississippi Symphony Orchestr

Before I finally part Jackson on August 20, I hope to a least have snippets of my recital on the blog so stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment